Press coverage to date
- Morgan Hill Life Op-ed 6/1/2018: Amah Mutsun vow to fight Gilroy’s Sargent Ranch quarry project
- City on a Hill Press 10/5/2017: Sacred Site Slated for Development— Amah Mutsun oppose proposed gravel mine
- BenitoLink 12/11/2016: Citing cultural degradation and religious desecration, local tribe opposes mining project
- San Jose Inside 11/30/2016: Proposed Gravel Mine Would Violate Sacred Ground
- Gilroy Dispatch 11/4/2016: Local Native American Mining Battle Brewing
- SV Business Journal 1/27/2016: After foreclosure, new plan for 6,400-acre Sargent Ranch south of Gilroy
- Morgan Hill Times 10/4/12: Lenders working to resolve fate of Sargent Ranch
- Chairman Lopez speaks at United Nations about Juristac 4/17/18 – 3:30 min, YouTube
- Juristac: A short film by Ariel Bobbett — 4 minutes, 2018. Available via YouTube and Facebook.
- Petition to Protect Juristac (PDF) — for in-person outreach and tabling. Designed to be printed on 8.5×11 paper at 100% size, for use with a clipboard.
- Simple outreach flyer — for printing in color or black and white.
Tribal resolutions and statements
- 4/12/2018 Press Release: Amah Mutsun Tribal Chairman Speaks at United Nations to Call for Protection of Tribal Sacred Site from Surface Mining Proposal
- Amah Mutsun Tribal Band Resolution No. 03-2016 opposing the Sargent Quarry Project on Unique Ancestral Tribal Lands at Juristac
- 10/31/16 Press Release: Amah Mutsun Tribal Band Opposes Sargent Ranch Quarry Project near Gilroy, California
- Sargent Quarry Project— Request for Tribal Consultation – filed in October 2016 with County of Santa Clara
- Notice of Preparation of an EIR for the Sargent Quarry Project (7/21/2016)
- Sargent Quarry Mining and Reclamation Plan (11/7/2015)
- Biotic Evaluation for Sargent Ranch Quarry by Live Oak Associates (3/12/2015)
- Geotechnical Slope Stability Analysis Report for Sargent Ranch Quarry Site (12/10/2015)
- Sargent Quarry Promotional Slideshow by Freeman & Associates (2016)
- Santa Clara Dept. of Planning and Development webpage for Sargent Quarry project
- Santa Clara County Surface Mining and Reclamation Act (SMARA) info
Regional Conservation and Habitat Planning
- Committee for Green Foothills: Advocating for Wildlife Corridors at Sargent Ranch (Juristac)
- Santa Clara County Conservation Greenprint (Sargent Hills are a Conservation Focus Area)
- America’s Most Endangered Rivers of 2006 (PDF report) – the Pajaro River, on p. 13, is listed as the #1 most endangered river.
Sargent Quarry and Sargent Ranch promotional websites
Amah Mutsun Tribal Band
- Amah Mutsun Land Trust website
- Amah Mutsun Tribal Band website
- Video: Here and Now— by Bay Area Open Space Council, 2015. 18 minutes. Documents the work of the Amah Mutsun Land Trust and Tribal Stewardship Corps.
- Video: Excavating the past; Improving the future— by UC Berkeley, 2018. 4 minutes. Portrays ongoing collaboration between the Amah Mutsun Tribal Band and UC Berkeley archaeologists and anthropologists.
- Video: UMUNHUM by Plus M Productions, 2017. 11 minutes.